SONUS only accepts entire pieces (no extracts please).
- The piece(s) must be submitted as audio on a CD, CD-R or CD-RW.
The CD and its case must clearly indicate all of the following information:
- the full name of the Composer
- the title of the Composition(s)
- the TOTAL DURATION of the Composition(s)
- the performing rights organization where the piece is registered (if applicable)
- You have to submit a CEC contract online.
The CD(s) are to be mailed to the following address:
GM-500 — 1455, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest,
H3G 1M8 Canada
The CEC will not be held responsible for materials that are lost or damaged in any way in the mail.
Information / Materials to be sent to the CEC via email
- Please inform the production group about any “special features” in the piece: these may include such things as “digital noise”; un-expected drops or increases in level; sudden, long and/or unexpected silences, or any other sounds that could be heard by the production group as dropout, loss of signal, failure of the medium or unwanted digital artifact.
- Graphics may be submitted in any file format. These should be compressed in either JPEG or GIF format.
- Submissions of scores as PDF files is encouraged, where relevant.
All submissions will be kept in the CEC’s archives; submissions will not be returned to the composer.
SONUS audio, text and graphic submissions may be updated or removed at any time by emailing a request.
SONUS is a project of the Canadian Electroacoustic Community (CEC). The CEC wishes to recognize the financial contributions of the members of the CEC and the Canada Council for the Arts (Music Section).
GM-500 — 1455, boulevard De Maisonneuve Ouest
Montréal QC, H3G 1M8 Canada