1. The Composer guarantees that she/he is the author of the Composition, or that she/he is the Copyright Owner of the Composition, and is legally entitled to grant such permissions for the Composition as are described in this contract.
2. The Composer hereby unconditionally grants the Producer the right to use the Composition in the projects specified in this contract. This authorization may be withdrawn at any time with seven working days notice.
3. The Composer grants permission to the Producer to use the Composition in CEC web projects (which include SONUS.ca and eContact!), and grants permission to the Producer to encode the Composition in an appropriate webformat (MP3, etc.) at the discretion of the Producer. For all other uses, the Producer will use the Composition in its submitted format, unless otherwise specified.
4. The Composer relinquishes any claim to remuneration from the Producer or assignees for the use of the Composition.
5. The Composer shall retain copyright and all other rights to the Composition, including, but not limited to the right to perform, present, or distribute the Composition in any fashion whatsoever.
6. The Producer shall include the pertinent Performing Rights Society and/or Copyright information — as provided by the Composer.
7. The Composer grants the Producer the right to edit and translate supplied texts as required.
8. The Composer hereby declares that she/he has obtained all necessary permissions for any and all use of other authors’ texts and/or other creators’ works (including, but not limited to sampling, citation, Plunderphonics) used in the Composition, and declares the Producer, the CEC, their partners and agents free from any such claims. The Composer further declares that she/he has obtained all necessary permissions from all persons involved in the performance and/or recording of the Composition and is free to extend such permissions to the Producer as are described in this contract.
9. The Composer hereby indemnifies the Producer and the CEC, their partners and agents free from any action or damages resulting from her/his failure to obtain such permissions or from any challenge to her/his claim to ownership of the Composition and indemnifies the Producer and the CEC, their partners and agents free from all costs incurred in any action brought against the Composition, its presentation and/or its production.
10. This contract entails no obligation of the Producer to distribute, release or promote the Composition.